- Tea bag
- Bubble gum
- Rubber band
- Candy kiss
Obviously, my immediate response was a combination of confusion, curiosity and surprise. I then grabbed the red 8 1/2″ X 6″ piece of paper that sat innocently at the bottom of the bag. It was there that I realized why I needed the gift.
- The toothpick was to remind me to pick the good qualities in everyone, including myself
- The rubber band was to remind me to be flexible. Things might not always go the way I want, but if can be worked out
- The band-aid was to remind me to heal hurt feelings, either mine or someone else’s
- The eraser was to remind me that everyone makes mistakes. That’s ok, we learn by our errors
- The Candy kiss is to remind me that everyone needs a hug, recognition or a compliment everyday
- The mint is to remind me that I am worth a mint to my friends, family and me
- The bubble gum reminds me to stick with it and that I can accomplish anything
- The pencil is to remind me to list my blessings everyday
- The tea bag reminds me to take time to relax daily and go over that list of blessing
The note ended by explaining that this is what makes life worth living everyday. It wished me love, gratitude, friends to cherish, caring, sharing, laughter, music and warm feelings in my heart in the year 2014. Together, it said, we can make this our best year ever!